Monday, June 8, 2009

Thoughts of a teenage boy

Laying under the duvet; camouflaged from the day.
Hiding safe from harms way whilst I lay.
Outside the world awakens to a new dawning.
And meanwhile all I am doing is yawning.
Yearning and conferring.
Up now; the sun is rising , windows open and music selected.
Traffic purrs and lights are reflected.
Deflected and conflicted.
I am alive and I will rise.
To face the day. Before my demise. 

Sorry I digress; now the rest.
The best?
Thoughts of a teenage boy bring me utter joy.
On a day like today; forevermore and throughout the toil.
A vision of play, fun and laughter.
Here, now and forever after.
Long days of sand and sun.
Endless summers on the run.

That was so long ago.
A distant memory of foggy glow.
Drunken nights through the haze.
Blinding sessions what went on for days.
Dreams fulfilled and memories forgotten.
But I will always remember the good times so often.
And thoughts of a teenage boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment